Help build an economy for these students.
(Note that PayPal processing fees for online donations are roughly 3.9% - please inquire for bank wiring info for larger donations)
Grassroots Economics is a non-profit foundation. We implement our programs through investors, sponsors and partners that support our programs from time to time. We are seeking support to both spread our programs and to deepen economic resilience in communities already using Community Currencies through increasing health, education and trade opportunities.
For year end financial audits, or direct bank wiring instructions or more information please contact us. Also please take the time to contact us and tell us about yourself and where you want your donation directed so we can put your name on our sponsors page.
- From 2010 to 2013 we operated on volunteer work and personal contributions less than 5,000 EUR
- In 2013 we were able to raise a total of 904,895 Kenyan Shillings (10,473 USD or 7,572 EUR) working with more than 100 small business in our pilot in Mombasa. (view 2013 audit .pdf)
- In 2014 we were able to raise a total of 1,257,869 Kenyan Shillings (13,914 USD or 11,270 EUR) expanding community currency programs to Nairobi. (view 2014 audit .pdf)
- In 2015 we were able to raise a total of 4,739,710 Kenyan Shillings (46,467 USD or 42,826 EUR) expanding to 5 community currency networks and over 500 small businesses and 22 schools. (view 2015 audit .pdf)
- In 2016 we raised over 100,000 Euros to develop new technology and sustainable community currency programs across Kenya with over 1000 small businesses.
- In 2017 we hope to raise more than 1,000,000 Euros to create sustainable community currency programs across East Africa.
This support affects the lives of more than 200,000 people living in five informal settlements. Please note that Grassroots Economics is currently at capacity in terms of implementing new Community Currencies.
Help these programs spread to more areas by making a contribution to help marginalized communities. Contact us for information on wiring or please log-in or create a PayPal Account or use a credit card directly by clicking below (note that donations are currently though Koru-Kenya and every cent helps). If you are interested in investing in developing businesses setup within these networks please contact us.